A lot of the terms people are searching for when they stumble on this blog are about the kRO2 OB English Patch, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a post about it.The patch is made by a team led by dumbie and it translates most of the Korean interface (like the login screen, menus and options) of kRO2 into English. It makes the game a lot easier to understand for those who don’t speak Korean.
To download the latest patch directly from dumbie’s website: RO2Trans, click here – or here if that link doesn’t work. It’s very important that you read dumbie’s installation guide before doing anything with this file though. The process is simple enough, but it can and probably will go wrong if you don’t follow his guide word for word. I copied his guide below and added some points that might help you avoid errors.
Also, as I’ve already mentioned in a previous post, there is a NPC Translation Patch hosted by Redozzen on RO2DB. The most recent version (as of the date of this post) can be downloaded here. If that doesn’t work, the latest version should be listed here. I can’t seem to find an installation guide but I assume it works in much the same way as dumbie’s English Patch.
I strongly recommend you also read this post I made a while ago regarding the NPC Translation Project
- Installing RO2
1) Install Ragnarok Online 2
2) Update your RO2 client
3) Make a copy of your original data folder - VERY IMPORTANT STEP, make sure you do this! I recommend making a specific folder in ‘My Documents’ called ‘RO2 Backup’ and placing a copy of your data folder there.
4) Install/Unzip the language patch - It will replace many of the files in your data folder, which is why you MUST have a copy of the original Data folder.
5) Launch the game - If you get error code=2 or error code=5 click here
- Updating RO2 With The translation installed
1) Delete your translated Data folder – Don’t fret, you made a backup.
2) Rename your original (Copy of Data) folder to ‘Data’ – Basically, return a copy of your backed up Data folder to replace the one you just deleted.
3) Launch the updater and let it update – I recommend launching the game once you’ve done this to make sure there are no errors.
4) After patching make a copy of your original data folder – Exactly the same as before, if you launched the game in the step above without any errors, it’s safe to replace your old backup with a new one.
5) Re-install the language pack - By extracting the most recent kRO2 OB English Patch file – you do not necessarily need a new English Patch file for each kRO2 update.
Don’t ever extract the English Patch without first making a backup of your Data folder. Doing a full file check in the patcher will replace all of the English Patch files with official kRO2 files, so you’ll have to repeat the process if you do this.